Celebrating and Building our Region
As the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego celebrates the one-year anniversary of its flagship's grand reopening of the Joan and Irwin Jacobs Building, we reflect on some of the achievements of the past 12 months.
- More than 120,000 visitors found insight, inspiration, and ideas in our new space of gathering and community
- Our quadrupled gallery space allows MCASD to display our historic holdings
- 75 percent of visitors have accessed the Museum through free entry programs, including free Second Sunday and Third Thursday of each month.
- Thanks to the Qualcomm Foundation and their long-standing support, more than 6,500 people under 26 received free admission.
- In the past year, our workshops, camps and showcases have engaged nearly 2,000 K-12 students from 35 schools.
Because of you, the San Diego and Tijuana region finally has a site of shared experiences and reflection: a world-class museum. We thank you for your generosity, your energy and your contributions — you are a critical part of MCASD’s history.